ISGAN Awards 2014
HOME > AWARD > ISGAN Awards 2014
ISGAN and GSGF Celebrate Global Excellence in Smart Grid Projects
In 2014, ISGAN, in partnership with the Global Smart Grid Federation (GSGF) launched the first-ever ISGAN Award of Excellence international competition to showcase leadership and innovation in smart grid projects around the world.
On May 12, 2014, ISGAN and GSGF announced the first winners of the Award of Excellence, during a special ceremony at the Fifth Clean Energy Ministerial in Seoul, Korea.
The Award of Excellence recognizes exemplars in the field of smart grid and helps improve global understanding of the value that smarter, cleaner electrical grids can offer. It sets the stage for replication of proven smart grid concepts.
Consumer Engagement & Empowerment
More than 40 projects were officially nominated from 15 countries, a clear signal of strong global interest in the topic. The winning projects were selected by an independent, international jury of smart grid experts, led by Dr. Ronnie Belmans, Executive Director of the Global Smart Grid Federation. The jury selected the winning project based on five criteria: potential impact, consumer benefit, potential for replication, level of innovation, and alignment with ISGAN's mission to advance key aspects of smart grids.
The 2014 ISGAN Award of Excellence for Consumer Engagement and Empowerment was awarded to the ‘SmartView’ AMI pilot project from Entergy New Orleans. A second project was honored with the title “Honorable Mention”: Østkraft Holding A/S’ Ecogrid: Consumer Engagement in the Future Power System. Eight other projects were named as finalists
- ‘SmartView’ AMI Pilot
Entergy New Orleans (United States)
- EcoGrid: Consumer Engagement
Østkraft Holding A/S (Denmark)
- PowerMatching City, DNV GL (The Netherlands)
- Inovgrid, EDP Distribuicao Energia S.A. (Portugal)
- LINEAR - Local Intelligent Networks for Energy Active
- Regions, VITO NV (Belgium)
- Borrego Springs Microgrid Demonstration, San Diego Gas and Electric (USA)
- NICE Grid the French Demonstrator of GRID4EU, Electricité Réseau Distribution France (ERDF) (France)
- Pacific Gas & Electric's Green Button, Pacific Gas and Electric (USA)
- Share!, Kitakyushu Smart Community Council (Japan)
- Advanced Building-Scale Smart Grid Demonstration at Mesa del Sol,
Sandia National Laboratories (USA)